Ok the bad news is I’ve been tagged again in one of those memes. The good news is that the protaganist is Leisa “ambient intimacy” Reichelt which makes me feel like playing. Here are the rules for this one:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Well I’m not going to follow 4 which seems bothersome. And, like Leisa. I was tempted to recycle five from the last time this happened. But, no, I’m going to shoot for a new eight.
1. I’m partially sighted in one eye. So I have no idea what binocular vision is like and things like 3D glasses just make things look a funny colour.
2. I can’t resist Onion soup on a menu though it’s often disappointing. The best ever onion soup I tasted was at a French restaurant on the island of Tortoga.
3. On a winter’s evening I find few things as satisfying as a peaty malt whisky like Laphroaig.
4. I find Economics and Economists baffling. I still haven’t decided if that’s a failure of intelligence or a mark of it.
5. I only tried cannabis once and even then I only pretended to inhale. I’m quite certain any kind of recreational drug would just make me throw up. Though I am really curious about the effects of LSD.
6. I have a strong phobic response to lawyers and dogs.
7. I have a recurrent nightmare in which I have to retake finals at Oxford. I think it comes up whenever I’m doing something in life I don’t really want to do.
8. I am tempted to blog more about politics but currently choose not to.
And now I get to tag eight others in the confident knowledge that they won’t play unless they actually want to: Rob Paterson, Chris Corrigan, Mark Earls, Tom Guarriello, Ton Zjilstra, Charles Frith, and my evil brothers Alan Moore & Matt Moore.